The cathedral of Granada is one of the most prominent buildings of the city. It is located at the east side of the central park of Granada (Parque Colón). The building has been rebuilt several times after it was first constructed as a parochial church in 1583. The building was completely destroyed by William Walker in 1856. At the end of the nineteenth century construction of the new cathedral was ceased due to lack of funds. With new plans from the architect Andrés Zappata the construction continued again until 1915, when the cathedral was as good as finished. The neoclassical style can be easily recognized in the facade of the building. Within the building there are three naves and four chapels.
We have 1 related tour(s) available that can be booked online.