DescriptionAt then end of the Atravesada street, in front of the Sandino Park (Parque Sandino), lies this beautifully restored building.
Construction work started in 1882, but it was not until 1886 that the first train arrived at this train station. In 1912 it was remodeled by the U.S. Marines. More recently, the Spanish embassy has been renovating the old station which nowadays serves as a school and workshop.
The building is constructed in a neoclassical style, with strong English and French influence.