DescriptionThe episcopal palace is located in the southeast corner of the Plaza de la Independencia and the street called Calle La Calzada.
At the end of the nineteenth century a militar building was located at this site. This building was destroyed in an explosion in 1897. The current building was constructed in 1913 by the Cardenal family, and donated to the bishop of Granada to be used as his residence in 1920.
The building is set up in a North American colonial style. It is an impressive, two story building, surrounded by other colonial constructions.