The San Francisco church was constructed in 1639, along with the neighboring convent. Many changes and repairs have been made to the church over the years, and the facade has been reconstructed rather recently, in the 1960s. The church has a mix of styles; the front is eclectic whereas the interior can be categorized as colonial-baroque. Only little decoration can be found in the church. The church is located at the street called Calle Real, a couple blocks west of the central plaza.