Nicaragua » About Nicaragua » News Headlines » International poetry festival in Granada
International poetry festival in Granada
ViaNica.com | Feb 2, 2006
The second poetry festival in Granada will start on February 6th, 2006. The festival, ending on February 11th, will be attended by a variety of artists, including both nationals and internationals.
This year, the festival will be honoring the birth of the famous Nicaraguan poet José Coronel Urtecho, 100 years ago. It is also honoring the fire that took place 150 years ago, destroying the city after an attack by North American filibusters. When that happened, they left a historical sign that said "here was Granada".
Related to this event, the current festival is named "Aquí está Granada", which means "here is Granada". The presentations will include poetry recitals, a massive poetry carnaval with traditional dances, concerts, literary discussions, and presentations of folkloric ballet, among other events.
To find out more about the specific programming from day to day, check our Weekly Calendar.
- Nicaragua: tourism is still in a break Apr 20, 2020
- Fray Odorico massive event modified because of coronavirus Mar 19, 2020
- Tourism is in critical situation in Nicaragua Jul 31, 2018
- The social crisis in Nicaragua Apr 25, 2018
- Fire in Indio - Maiz Biological Reserve Apr 5, 2018
- Festival MotorBeach Nicaragua 2018 Mar 20, 2018
- INC launched a Nicaraguan Handicraft on line catalog Feb 27, 2018
- CCEN: summer night cinema in the terrace Jan 12, 2018
- Emerge Project: Afro-Caribbean concert Nov 8, 2017
- TEDxManagua 2017 "Reconocer" Oct 13, 2017
- News Archive »