Nicaragua » About Nicaragua » News Headlines » Gigantic Quesillo in La Paz Centro
Gigantic Quesillo in La Paz Centro
ViaNica.com | Feb 20, 2006
The titanic of all quesillos has been prepared in the municipality of La Paz Centro, in the department of León on Sunday February 19th. The creation of this huge piece of typical Nicaraguan food took place at the central park, at 9:00AM.
Quesillos consist of a tortilla that wraps a piece of cheese, onions, and cream. The regular length is about 13 centimeters, but the one prepared on Sunday measured 100 meters, enough to make 5,000 regular quesillos. After 64 participants created this huge quesillo, it was shared among the participants and sold in pieces.
The activity was organized by the municipality of La Paz Centro, the Commission of Tourism, and CANTUR León, with the idea to honor the 'quesilleras' (the ladies who sell quesillos) and to attract visitors to the municipalities of Nagarote and La Paz Centros, which are the sites of origin of the quesillo.
- Nicaragua: tourism is still in a break Apr 20, 2020
- Fray Odorico massive event modified because of coronavirus Mar 19, 2020
- Tourism is in critical situation in Nicaragua Jul 31, 2018
- The social crisis in Nicaragua Apr 25, 2018
- Fire in Indio - Maiz Biological Reserve Apr 5, 2018
- Festival MotorBeach Nicaragua 2018 Mar 20, 2018
- INC launched a Nicaraguan Handicraft on line catalog Feb 27, 2018
- CCEN: summer night cinema in the terrace Jan 12, 2018
- Emerge Project: Afro-Caribbean concert Nov 8, 2017
- TEDxManagua 2017 "Reconocer" Oct 13, 2017
- News Archive »