Nicaragua » About Nicaragua » News Headlines » First traditional candy contest to take place
First traditional candy contest to take place
ViaNica.com | Mar 30, 2006
The old Central Market of Masaya will host the first National Traditional Candy Contest in Nicaragua. More than 200 participants will offer different types of candies and sweets from different areas in Nicaragua. This event will take place from April 6th until April 9th, and it is open to the public.
On April 5th, a juror will qualify the candies, sweets, desserts, pastries, bagels, and other delicacies that come from Masaya, Catarina, Niquinohomo, Estelí, Bluefields, and other parts of the country. The final award ceremony is open to the public and will take place the next day, April 6th, during the Verbena de Masaya. The Nicaraguan singer Otto de la Rocha will be performing during this ceremony, and there will also be folkloric dances.
Everybody interested in getting to know more about these Nicaraguan delicacies can visit the Cultural Center, better known as the old market or the artisan's market, located close to the center of Masaya. The market will open at 9AM during the days of the event.
- Nicaragua: tourism is still in a break Apr 20, 2020
- Fray Odorico massive event modified because of coronavirus Mar 19, 2020
- Tourism is in critical situation in Nicaragua Jul 31, 2018
- The social crisis in Nicaragua Apr 25, 2018
- Fire in Indio - Maiz Biological Reserve Apr 5, 2018
- Festival MotorBeach Nicaragua 2018 Mar 20, 2018
- INC launched a Nicaraguan Handicraft on line catalog Feb 27, 2018
- CCEN: summer night cinema in the terrace Jan 12, 2018
- Emerge Project: Afro-Caribbean concert Nov 8, 2017
- TEDxManagua 2017 "Reconocer" Oct 13, 2017
- News Archive »