Death of actress Socorro Bonilla Castellón
ViaNica.com | Dec 1, 2010The Nicaraguan actress and cultural promoter Socorro Bonilla Castellón (1925-2010) died yesterday, December 1. Various cultural institutions in the country have published his notes of mourning and there is a program for her funeral which will be extended to various places of the city of Managua. Her funeral will take place today.
The artist, widow of the national poet and playwright Octavio Robleto, former director of the Ruben Dario National Theater and founder of the National Comedy Nicaragua, participated in the staging of over 50 theater plays. She was also an active cultural promoter and dramaturgy teacher.
Entities such as the Nicaraguan Institute of Culture (INC), the Nicaraguan Center of Writers and the Poetry Festival of Granada have published their condolences to the family. ViaNica.com adds itself to the grieving of the family and the nation.
This is the program of his funeral, organized by the INC:
Wednesday, December 1:
- 3:00 pm: Wake at the lobby of the Ruben Dario National Theater.
- 5:00 pm: Honor Guard by Nicaraguan artists.
- 6:00 pm: Tribute by the National Orchestra of Nicaragua, Nicaragua's National Chorus, Camerata Bach and Nicaragua's Chamber Choir.
Thursday, December 2:
- 12:00 M.D. Solemn mass at Salon de los Cristales of the Ruben Dario National Theater, which will be in charge of Father Antonio Castro, joined by the musical group of the Catholic University (UNICA).
- 1:00 pm: Tribute by the Nicaraguan Institute of Culture. Speech by its director, Luis Morales Alonso.
- 1:30 pm: The coffin will be moved to Universidad del Valle.
- 2:00 pm: Tribute by Universidad del Valle.
- Transportation to the cemetery.