X International Ballet Gala
Róger Solórzano Canales | Jun 27, 2012
Scenarios in the cities of Managua, León and Matagalpa will receive artists from various countries.
Ballet dancers from México, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic and the host Nicaragua are already in the country participating in the X International Ballet Gala. The event includes a stellar presentation on the Ruben Dario National Theater in Managua, and functions in the cities of León and Matagalpa. Also among the delegations they will be giving workshops, lectures and master classes.
The public will be able to see pieces, adaptations and new choreography performed in solos, duets and groups of each of the different delegations, who will perform ballet classical, neo classical and even raids contemporary dance, as each director said yesterday during a conference in Managua. Ballets as Don Quijote, Swan Lake, the Corsair, Spartacus and even a waltz of the Nicaraguan Jose de la Cruz Mena, among others, will be interpreted in the presentations that is distributed as follows:
- Wednesday June 27th in León, Municipal Theatre "José de la Cruz Mena". At 7:00 pm, admission C$40.
- Thursday June 28th in Managua, gala at the Ruben Dario National Theater. At 7:00 pm, tickets for C$150 in orchestra and first balcony, C$120 second balcony and C$100 third balcony.
- Friday June 29th in Matagalpa, in the House of Culture. 7:00 pm, free.
This year's gala is dedicated to the Latin American and worldwide symbol classic Ballet Alicia Alonso (1920), Absolute Prima Ballerina of the National Ballet of Cuba. In addition, the event aims to project this art in the public and new generations, and unite friendships between artists and the various participating nations, cause an exchange of experiences and, of course, among all evidence that the Latin American level is very high, as expressed by the directors.
The foreign delegations arrived in Managua on Monday June 25th. Along with the Nicaraguan representative, there are more than 70 dancers who are participating in the gala. During the week they will be participating in presentations on national experiences of each company, master classes and workshop of management and cultural production. On Saturday 30th all delegations return home. Each year the interest and participation in the show of Nicaragua is growing, noted its main organizer, the Nicaraguan dancer William Herrera.
The Participating companies are:
- “Compañía Ballet Alina Abreu", from Domincan Republic (Alina Abreu Ballet Company).
- Choreographic Workshop 'Gloria Contreras'”, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
- “Compañía Ballet de El Salvador” (Ballet Company of El Salvador).
- Son 5, of Honduras.
- Dance des Étoiles, of Costa Rica.
- “Compañía Ballet Nacional de Panamá” (National Ballet Company of Panama).
- “Compañía Ballet de Nicaragua” (Ballet Company of Nicaragua)
Translated by Aída Pichardo