Fourth Berrinche Ambiental in Granada
Róger Solórzano Canales | Jan 17, 2013
International Festival of street art, childhood and environment will take place from 21 to 26 January.
Circus, theater, music and dance will be the artistic manifestations that will fill various spaces of the Granada colonial city, during the fourth edition of the International Festival of street art "Berrinche Ambiental", which begin next Monday January 21 and will culminate Saturday January 26. There are already around 150 artists from 9 different countries that have confirmed their participation.
Rafael Largaezpada, organizer of the event, explained to ViaNica.com that the festival always seeks to awaken the importance of the topics about environment in the population, through the art expressed in the streets and public places throughout the week. "We are interested in involve the children," mentioned Largaezpada.
The complete program of the festival, which can be seen in the image below, includes morning workshops, afternoon activities for children plus circus performances, theatrical presentations and concerts at different stages throughout the city during the afternoons and evenings. The most active sites of interest are the Casa de los Tres Mundos, Mimo Comedia Café, the Claudia Gene theater and the street La Calzada. There will also be events in La Pólvora Fortress, the Guadalupe Church, Los Poetas Park and the Cancha de la Villa.
This year, around 150 artists from Central America: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica; Latin America: Venezuela and Mexico; and Europe: Italy and Great Britain; submit their artistic pieces and street interventions before all the present audience. The complete list of the 23 groups or individual artists can be seen below.
Here is the program (click to enlarge):
- Escuela de la Comedia y el Mimo (Nicaragua)
- Orgasmatronic (Nicaragua)
- Café del Parque (Nicaragua)
- El Nido de las Artes Collective (Nicaragua)
- Payaso Pulgarcito (Nicaragua)
- FantazzTico Circus (Costa Rica)
- Perillo Circus (Costa Rica)
- Canijo Circus (Costa Rica)
- Atrapa Sueños (Costa Rica)
- Los Yukas (Costa Rica)
- Producciones Equilibrio (Costa Rica)
- Canijo Group (Costa Rica)
- Improvisazón (Costa Rica)
- Cuarto de abajo (Costa Rica)
- Saltinbanki Circus (El Salvador)
- Lijaz Group (El Salvador)
- Kinich (Honduras)
- Guatebuena Collective (Guatemala)
- National Company of Circus Compañía Nacional de Circo (Venezuela)
- El Timón Group (Venezuela)
- Konk Circus (Mexico)
- Teatro é liberta (Italy)
- Performers without borders (Great Britain)
Translated by Olga Ortiz Kurashvili