6th Central and Ibero American Film Exhibition
Redacción ViaNica | Oct 9, 2014
Asociación Nicaragüense de Cinematografía will screen films from 20 countries during 12 days.
Alternative, multicultural and all free is the proposal of the Sixth Central and Ibero American Film Exhibition (MCCI) brought by the Nicaraguan Association of Cinematography (ANCI ) to various screens of the country. The exhibition starts today and will end on Wednesday October, 15th. 131 works, including short films, feature films, documentaries, animation and experimental films from 20 different countries will be presented.
The MCCI was opened on October 8th and announced at a press conference last Monday, October 6th. According to the organizer's announcement, "this is an independent initiative oriented to meet one of our main goals as a constituded guild, which is promoting film and visual arts facilitating dissemination and access to quality cinema for the public in general"
The sample reaches 9 different cities, playing in 23 screens and 62 showtimes. The countries with the most representation are Spain (41), Argentina (16), Brazil (16), Cuba (12), Mexico (10), Venezuela (8). There will also be films from Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Peru and Portugal. Participating as guest countries are The United States, Canada, France, Italy, Greece, Austria, Denmark, Norway, South Korea, UK, Palestine, Kenya, Syria and Turkey.
Locations - Managua
Cinemas Galerías, Cinema 9
- From October, 9th to October 15th, showtime runs from 6:25 pm and 8:25 pm,
- Sunday October 12th showtime 4:25 pm and 6:25 pm
Cine Movil 19 de Julio
- Thursday, October 9th: Plaza Cuba.
- Viernes, October 10th: Colonia Centroamérica, Parque Zinica, Distrito V.
- Saturday, October 11th: Puerto Salvador Allende Square.
- Sunday, October 12th: Parque Villa Venezuela, Distrito VII
- Monday, October 13th: Arena of B ° San Luis Distrito IV.
- Tuesday, October 14th: Parque Dimitrov, Distrito I.
- Wednesday, October 15th: Parque Luis Alfonso Velasquez.
Centro Cultural Pablo Antonio Cuadra, Centro PAC
- Tuesday, October 14th 6:30 pm
Instituto Nicaragüense de Cultura Hispánica, INCH
- Wednesday, October 15th 6:30 pm
Universidad Centroamericana UCA
- Video Library Biblioteca Jose Coronel Urtecho, Room B
- October 14th and 15th, showtime 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua UNAN
- Rubén Darío Campus, Library Auditorium "Solomon de la Selva"
- October 9th and 10th, showtime 9:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
- Community Center Laureles Sur (4 días), B° Manuel Fernández (3d), B° Anexo Villa Libertad (3d)
Location - Cities
- Instituto Nicaragüense de Cultura Hispánica INCH - Masaya: Thursday October 9th, 6:30 pm
- Casa de los Tres Mundos - INCH: Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 October Wed, 6:30 pm
- Centro Cultural Guanuca: Friday October 10th, 7:00 pm and Saturday October 11th, 3:00 pm (Afternoon children)
- UNAN -León: Tuesday, October 14th, 5:00 pm
- Cafe Rayela: Friday October 10th, 6:00 pm
- Sportcenter: Friday 10th, Saturday 11th and Sunday October 12th, 6:00 pm (Rodencia)
- URACCAN: Saturday 11th and Sunday October 12th, 7:00 pm
- Square: Friday 10th, Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th and Monday October 13th, 6:00 pm (Lucius)