The Selva Negra Mountain Resort is a unique place, built in 1975 up in the mountains of Matagalpa. The resort is located on a coffee area and next to beautiful hills covered with virgin cloud-forest.
Selva Negra is attended by its owners, who are descendants of German settlers that came to this region in the 19th century. The German design can be seen in the interior of the rooms and the restaurant, where one can find many old photos, newspaper articles, tools, and other items that give an impression of how the Germans got here and became coffee growers.
The resort offers different types of lodging, each of them surrounded by nothing but nature.
- The chalets are the most beautiful and spacious, filled with history and built in the old German style. There are four chalets: two for up to 6 people, and other two for up to 12 people.
- The bungalows have their own front porch and can be with one, two or four bedrooms inside.
- The American style hotel rooms have private bath and shared front porch.
- The youth hostel is a good option for students. This is one large building that can accommodate up to 20 guests. Students find dorm rooms that sleep four to six people for an accessible price.
Furthermore, a variety of activities can be undertaken here. For more information about Selva Negra, visit the resort's website.
- Lodging rates do not include restaurant service.
- No pets are allowed.
HOLY WEEK: online reservations must be for 2 nights as minimum.
Other direct contact number:
(505) 2270 1963.
(505) 2772 5713
(505) 2772 5698
Select rooms in the next step
Check-in from 3:00 PM
Check-out until 1:00 PM
Children up to age 6 stay for free.
Prices include taxes
Prices for Dec 13, 2019.Payment Options:
1$17.25 Dorm Room
2$34.50 Youth hostel Double
2$34.50 Youth hostel Matrimonial
2$64.35 Hotel Double Room
2$64.35 Hotel Matrimonial Room
2$105.30 1-bedroom Bungallow
3$52.65 Youth hostel Triple
3$76.05 Hotel Triple Room
4$87.75 Hotel Quadruple Room
4$122.85 2-bedroom Bungallow
5Hotel Quintuple Room
6$105.30 Youth hostel Sextuple
8$198.90 4-bedroom Bungallow
Surroundings Natural Reserve
Contact Selva Negra Resort de Montaña
Reviews from verified visitors
Third time I've stayed here & its wonderful every time
Great nature reserve, poor lodging/dining